Monday, January 31, 2011

In Praise of Bubblewrap

 Today is Bubblewrap Appreciation Day.  And for the first time in my life, I celebrated it!  Why?  Well, why not?  I would have celebrated it sooner, but didn't know about it!  A friend tipped me off over the weekend.  Thanks, Michelle!


There are so many simple things we take for granted on a daily basis.  Bubblewrap being only one of them.  Think of the humble sock, the handy coaster, even the doo-hickey that stops the sink.  Think of your life without these little appreciated items and you'll see what I mean!

So, in celebration of the day, I snapped a few photographs using my light table and some colored gels.  Then, of course, I played in Picasa just a little bit.  They've added a few new features that I'm enjoying quite a bit.


So tonight, or tomorrow, take a few moments out of your day to celebrate the ordinary!  Cuz, with a little appreciation, the ordinary can become extraordinary!

What will you celebrate??

 

1 comment:

  1. Since I have been sick in bed with the flu for several days, I am celebrating my cozy robe and orange juice over ice chips!

    ReplyDelete