Monday, January 23, 2012

Epic Fail

You may have heard this new popular term amongst the teenager crowd.  I kinda like it.  Has a fun ring to it.  Unless, and until, you actually experience an Epic Fail.  When you make a mistake that is so drastic it could be epic.  Of course, the teenagers use it very hyperbolically.

In my case, I think I truly made an epic fail.  One that I hope I can recover from, but it didn't go without damage I'm sure.  Unfortunately, I think it was emotional damage towards someone I love.


That someone had something bad happen and then had a friend disclose that bad thing to me.  That someone wanted me to be there for her.  The situation was complex and scary and I wasn't at all sure how to handle it.  So, I wimped out and didn't really do anything.  That's what I call an Epic Fail on an epic level.

I still have no idea what to do or how to handle this situation and I'm pretty scared about it.  And so I'm praying for grace and wisdom and second chances.

If you are a believer in the power of prayer, I ask that you lift this someone up in prayer for healing and guidance and me for wisdom and compassion.

Have you ever had an epic fail in a relationship?  How did you recover?

Queechee, VT  Click here to purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has had an epic fail at one point or another. In my case, it's been many! I'm sure everything will turn out ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this one may be redeemable...Just need to work hard and use whatever shreds of wisdom I may have hanging around. Thanks, Carmen.

      Delete