Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Decisions and Setting Priorities

Well, hello there!  I bet you thought I disappeared, but I did not!  I’m still alive and kicking, and so is the blog.  We were just resting a bit while I stepped back to re-evaluate a few things.  I’m so glad to meet you here again on the world-wide web!
Decisions, Decisions
I don’t know about you, but I tend to get a bit paralyzed in the decision-making process.  Little decisions?  Whatever.  I’ll dress in black or pink or blue.  I’ll eat chicken or steak or salad.  No biggie.  Just feed and dress myself and I’m good.  Up the stakes a bit, and not so much.
 This blog is no exception to that.  I love photography.  I love writing.  I have limited time and energy.  So, I thought, let’s combine the two and see what happens.  
What happens is you end up with an unfocused blog, a confused audience, and a slightly over-extended blogger.  In other words, I’m being forced into a decision I was hoping I wouldn't have to make.
As much as I love photography, I need to set some priorities….

Setting Priorities

All of life requires this.  You can’t have it all, no matter how badly you might want it.  I want to heal.  I want to write wonderful children’s stories.  I want to create beautiful images.  I want to have a successful blog.  I want to serve my fellow human beings.  I want to be able to pay my bills.
In this life, for me, that is a lot to ask.  For some, it might be easy, for me it is not.  Chronic illness can force us to make decisions that others may not have to make.  And, so here I am deciding and setting priorities.  I would like to focus my time and energy on writing the children’s books I am working on.  Too much time spent blogging, robs time from writing those books.
So, Photo Fridays will be no more… or rather, it will only be sporadic in nature.  I don’t think I will be able to restrain myself entirely, but I do need to keep the energy I put into the blog limited and focused.  I love photography and would like to continue to share that with all of you in an informal manner once in a while.  
If you own any kind of a camera, it means that you wanted to capture life around you.  And, I think all of us want to capture it well.  So, the Photo Fridays that do appear will be centered around that.  In my newsletter (sign up here!), I will still feature a photo of the month, so don’t worry.  You won’t miss out entirely!  And you can always visit my gallery!
Writer Wednesdays are still evolving a bit.  As time and my experience progress, so will Writer Wednesdays.  I look forward to sharing content, ideas, and experience that is of benefit to you, my readers, so feel free to let me know what you would like to read about!  Writer Wednesday will no longer be found in the title since it seems that it would be a bit redundant.  I will simply title my blog and the “Writer Wednesday” piece can be assumed.  Makes for much less wordy titles too!  

Have you ever had to choose between two good things?  How did you decide?  How did you know what to make a priority for yourself?  Please share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment