Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Re-launch!

Did you see my new header?

After a long hiatus, I've returned! You may wonder about the long gap between this post and my last one. Well, there are a few reasons for that.

1. I have Lyme Disease and I started a pretty complicated antibiotic regimen back in January. It has taken me a bit to adjust.

2. I wanted to rethink where I was going with the blog and the kinds of projects I wanted to be involved in. Not a lot has changed, but I've defined my focus a bit, but not too much. It turns out I'm a bit of a renaissance woman and it should come as no surprise that I've read Refuse to Choose!: Use All of Your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams by Barbara Sher more than once.


3.  I've been working on a few projects!

    • I've completed two children's book manuscripts with another on the way!  I am in the process of finding and agent!
    • I have been creating some mandalas from my original photographs which has been super fun!
    • I have just completed a health journal that is in the hands of beta readers right now!
Many of these projects have been long term projects that have finally come together since I wasn't spending as much time on the blog.  It's all quite exciting!
4.  I've been trying to learn how to balance healing and rest with some work on these projects which will mostly be "passive income" once complete other than marketing.  People with illnesses need passive income!  There's really no way around that.

I have a few upcoming projects that have to do with the Therese Kay Creative Etsy store.  I will be taking some of my existing photographs and creating desktop screen savers, posters, etc. and will have them listed there along with my health journal once it launches.  



1 comment:

  1. Love the new header and so glad your blog is back! I'm looking forward to shopping in your Etsy store too.

    -Carmen

    ReplyDelete